Microsoft Office may have started life on the Mac before it ever came to Windows, but for many Mac users it feels like that was the last time we ever had anything ‘Officey’ before our Windows-using brethren.
This release of Office, then, is mostly about closing the gap with Office 2013 for Windows, in terms not only of feature parity and document compatibility but also by harmonising the interface across Mac, Windows and mobile – a boon to productivity if you regularly work across different platforms.
It mostly, if not entirely, succeeds in this, and moreover it looks and feels like a contemporary Mac citizen – although Office 2011 (the previous Mac version) supported Retina displays, it had started to look very old fashioned as the OS X aesthetic moved on.
- Unmistakably Office, designed for Mac
- Do your best work, anywhere, anytime
- Made for teamwork
- Have Office 365? Install Office for Mac now
Direct Download Link
- Get started quickly with new, modern versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote—combining the familiarity of Office and the unique Mac features you love.
- Create great-looking documents, gain new insights, and present with confidence—anywhere, anytime. With robust Office apps for tablets, phones, and the web, you’ll get stuff done whenever you need to.
- Get more done by working together using built-in tools to share, review and co-edit documents, presentations and notes.
- Office 365 customers get the new Office for Mac first. You’ll have Office applications on your Mac or PC, apps on tablets and smartphones for when you’re on the go, and Office Online on the web for everywhere in between.
- Choose the Microsoft app you need and install
- Close any Office app and choose manually updates
- Open ‘terminal.app‘ (applications/utilities/terminal.app)
- Enter: xcode-select –install -> enter (this will install the ‘Command Line Tool‘. So if you have it installed already, just skip this step)
- Extract file ‘MSO15.11.2Patch.zip’
- Go back to ‘terminal app’ -> drag/drop ‘MSO15.11.2Patch’ file onto the window and enter (it will ask for your admin password if need)
- All done, enjoy!
Suggested to block any out connection from Office using the Little Snitch or similar software.